DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF THE CARVEWRIGHT FIRMWARE
Introducing CarveWright Firmware, Release 3.104.
Some newer CarveWright Z trucks have shorter maximum travel distances. This is causing an error where the machine cannot find the sliding plate. This causes the message “Ensure sliding plate set” to appear on the machine when running a project.
This updated firmware reduces the amount of Z truck travel required to determine the thickness of a board.
This includes release 3.103 changes described below.
You can download CarveWright Firmware version 3.104 here:
Introducing CarveWright Firmware, Release 3.103.
Some newer CarveWright ‘C’ series machines, as well as new cutmotors sold by LHR Technologies, may report a problem with the cutmotor when a project is started. The message, which reads, “Check Cut Motor”, is a result of a new manufacturing technique on the cutmotors which has made them more efficient than their predecessors.
This updated firmware modifies the cutmotor sensing algorithm to account for the efficiency of the new cutmotors.
The firmware is backwards compatible with Designer Basic, version 1.187, and can be used with it.
Please follow the instructions below to load the new firmware to your memory card.
- Open the CarveWright Designer software, and plug the memory card into the USB programmer.
- Select “Flash Manager” from the “File” menu.
- The “Flash Manager” dialog box will appear. Click on the “Firmware” button.
- A new window will appear giving you three prompts: Latest Firmware, Choose, and Cancel. Select “Choose”.
- In the window that opens, browse to the location where you saved the file. Select it and press Open. The software will load the customized firmware to your memory card.